Known for offering a wide array of realistic colours and finishes, Melteca melamine panels are found in kitchens and bathrooms throughout New Zealand. And while Melteca panels are made from a durable melamine surface, like most products, they require regular care and maintenance to stay looking great. To help keep your Melteca cabinetry looking good as new, we’ve put together this handy guide.
- A soft cloth should always be used
- Apply cleaning products to the cloth rather than directly onto the product
- Wash down with warm water with a small amount of detergent. For best results use streak free glass cleaner with a soft cloth
- For textured finishes (pearl, organic and puregrain) the periodic use of a soft brush may be necessary for the removal of dirt build-ups and residues left by some spray on cleaners.
Stain and Mark Removal
- For stubborn marks or stains – apply Handy Andy or diluted Janola (one part to three parts water), then wipe down with a warm damp cloth
- For smearing, finger marks, marking from cold or hot dishes, stickiness – apply one or two applications of acetone (available at pharmacies) and wipe over with a dry cloth
- For newsprint – use methylated spirits or mineral turpentine
- For rust – use vinegar or lemon juice
- For pencil – use water and a damp cloth
- For felt pen or dry marker - use methylated spirits or acetone
- For paint – use acetone or Duco Lacquer thinners (from a paint shop)
- For glue – use Ados Solvent N (from a paint shop)
Once again with any of the above use streak free glass cleaner to remove any residues.