The following Strandfloor products have a limited exposure time to weathering:
Strandfloor recommended exposure time – 8 weeks
StrandfloorH3.1 recommended exposure time – 12 weeks
What action should I take if the flooring platform will be exposed for longer than recommended exposure times?
- It is possible to cover Strandfloor using breathable covers / tarpaulins, the covers must be kept clearof the Strandfloor to allow air to circulate, creating a “tent” over floor area.
- Where possible after rain the platform should be swept to prevent ponding.
- Holes can be drilled to allow water to escape to the sub-floor space. Bottom plates may prevent waterescaping over side of flooring platform.
What should I NOT do to my Strandfloor surface?
- Use liquid sealers to protect the Strandfloor surface.
- Use non breathable covers such as polythene as they do not breathe, doing this will prevent airflow andit will sweat / condensate.
- Cover with sheet material such as MDF, plywood, hardboard etc., as with the non-breathable covers & liquidsealers this will trap moisture in the board.
What do I do if it’s unavoidable that the Strandfloor will be exposed longer than the recommended exposure times?
- We can arrange for a sample from the flooring platform to be tested for structural properties and confirm that it is fit for purpose. This is a free of charge service.
- Contact your Laminex Business Partner for details on this process, or if you have any questions.
- You can also download our Strandfloor Technical Brochure for more info here.
High-density reconstituted wood panel
Strandfloor is a high density reconstituted wood panel bonded with moisture resistant resin and wax, specifically formulated for use as residential and commercial interior floor platforms. Strandfloor products comply with the sheet flooring requirements of the New Zealand Building Code.
There are four product options all 20mm thick to cover your building requirements.
Strandfloor Square Edge is an all-purpose wood-based high-density flooring material.
Strandfloor Tongue & Groove is identical to Strandfloor Square Edge in its manufacture but has the enhancement of a polypropylene tongue that gives the required sheer strength and eliminates the need for solid timber nogs to the long edge.
StrandfloorH3.1 Square Edge is the premium flooring material. Improved resin composition provides increased weathering performance with the added benefit of meeting New Zealand building requirements for use in wet areas.
StrandfloorH3.1 Tongue & Groove is identical to StrandfloorH3.1 Square Edge in its manufacture but has the enhancement of a polypropylene tongue that gives the required sheer strength and eliminates the need for solid timber nogs to the long edges.